Minutes of Final AGM of association
MINUTES OF THE RAVEN YACHT OWNERS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AT 11:30am 29th September 2022 AT THE CLARE INN, DOMINION RD, BALMORAL.
Rob & Anne Barker – Seadream
Clem Guildford, Lynda Hull Transcend
Mark Crichton – Skylark
Anne & Rob Lawler
Stuart & Marlene Kendon – Exhiliration
Arthur & Dot Hopkins
Louis ( New member)
APOLOGIES - June Kendell, Russel & Yvonne
Moved that the apologies be accepted: Lynda Hull , seconded: Marlene Kendon
Minutes of the 2019 AGM:
Last year’s minutes read and accepted
Moved that the 2019 AGM minutes be accepted: Stuart Kendon seconded: Robin Barker
Presidents Report read and circulated
Moved that the Presidents report by accepted: Lynda Hull, seconded: Mark Crichton
Treasures Report read & circulated:
Closing balance of cheque account at 29.09.2022 was $60.15 and a savings balance at $3255.91
Moved that the Treasurers report be accepted and approved: Lynda Hull, seconded: Rob Barker
Election of Officers:
Robin and Anne declared they were not available to stand again. Their huge contribution over the years was greatly appreciated.
Association to continue in a reduced capacity under the current environment.
- Klem agreed to keep website going.
- Linda agreed to keep monitoring Facebook page.
- Mark agreed to stay on as treasurer, reporting to Klem and Linda, and paying website bills annually.
Marine Insurance on old boats becoming more difficult. Gas installation certificates may be required in future, and are very expensive to get. Louis used MCB plumbing Ltd in Albany. email@example.com.
Decision to be made on future structure of association.
- Discussion on general active membership of other associations also facing similar drop.
- High interest in website as point of information for Raven owners needing help and info on boat maintenance and parts.
- No interest in activities. Probably due to no boats racing any more. Cruising get togethers only attended by committee members.
- Some members attending AGM no longer have boats, but still enjoy getting together with old friends. Still a desire to get together for social dinner to discuss boating and other activities.
- Agreed that it was important to keep the website going indefinitely as the point of contact for Raven owners.
- Discussed possible name changes to Raven Owner’s and Friends.
- Distribution of trophies discussed and homes to be found where possible. Maritime museum to be approached. Sea cadets could be interested.
- Christmas function set for 13th November.
- Klem, Linda and Mark agreed to continue in the appointed roles indefinitely as they are able.
Moved that the general business, and dates for events this season be accepted: Stewart Kendon, seconded: Rob Barker
That concluded the business of the meeting which terminated at 12:59pm
Posted: Sat 21 Oct 2023